Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Mac lipstick collection........

Something i have really been enjoying of late is lipsticks. After years of loving my lip gloss i am also beginning to understand what all the fuss is about with Lippy.

Mac being one of my favourite brands offer a wide range of colours and finishes. I have had a couple of their lippy's for years, however since Christmas i have increased my collection a fair bit. This is mostly due to me back to Mac ing all my empties, it was a great feeling walking away with 4 free lipsticks!!!

I wanted to share my collection with you, letting you in on the hits and misses in my opinion...
Here goes...

L To R
Barcelona Red-Frost
Vegas Volt- Amplified
Costa Chic-Frost
Ever Hip- Cremesheen

As you can see, these are all shades on the corally side. Barcelona Red is as the name says more of a red Orange. Vegas Volt is more punchy with more depth than Costa chic and Ever hip.
Ever Hip is the perfect peachy coral, and Costa chic the brighter side of things.

The Barcelona Red is my least favourite of these four. I chose it on line and as we all know swatches can be a little misleading. Dont get me rwong its an ok colour, just not one that i choose to wear so often.

Next up the pinker side of things.....


L To R
Viva Glam GaGa-Lustre
Mlle-Glaze
Angel-Frost
Please Me-Matte
Hot Tahiti-Glaze

These are my pinker shades.
As you can see Viva Glam GaGa and Angel have both been very loved, Angel is probably my Favourite Mac lipstick. Please Me is a lovely Matte Pink, this was my first Matte lippy and recommended by the Mac sales lady, im so glad i tried it as i really do like it alot.
Mlle is from the new Fashion Flower collection, its a pretty white pink. A good every day colour.
Hot Tahiti is my newest addition and a really good surprise, its a deep burgandy red shade, perfect for that spanish senorita look. This i am going to get lots of use from im sure :))

Lastly two lipsticks from the Surf Baby collection...

L To R
Hibiccus-Cremesheen
Naturally Ecentric-Lustre

Hibiccus is a Pretty Red/Orange some might say coral shade. Naturally Ecentric is the nudest nude i have ever seen. I bought these both on impulse on line.
The Hibiccus is a nice lippy and ill definatly get some wear out of it. If it was part of the perminate line tho i dont think i would re purchase it as there are nicer corals for me.

That brings me to Naturally Ecentric, i hate this colour.
Its far to pale for me and looks like i have just put conceler over my lips. I really regret buying this colour, the only use i will get will be for blanking out my lips before putting another colour over the top.


What are your favourite Mac colours??


Have a sparklicious Sunday!!!


Maria xxxxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to see what you think too, Leave me a comment and be sure to check back, I always reply!!xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...