Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Beneifit They're Real.......



Unless you have been living under a rock since its launch last year I am sure you will of heard of They're Real from Benefit.
It is the much hyped and coveted mascara that hit the market and caused many a beauty addict to run to their local Benefit counter!!

I was a little slow on the up take. 
I purchased this last year and popped it in my draw with the 4 or 5 other unopened mascaras that I had at the time. So I worked my way through the collection I had until it was time to break this baby open.


They're Real comes with a lot of promises, they are listed on the Benefit site as.....

What else you need to know:

94% saw dramatic length & volume*
90% saw base-to-tip curl*
94% saw visible lift*
100% saw long-wearing results*
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey

So to say that my expectations were high was a under statement!! 


The mascara has a rubber wand with a small ball like tip on the end. The bristles feel firm but not at all scratchy to apply. The formula its self is fairly wet and in my experience didn't dry out in the tube.

I found that I did get all day smudge proof results with this and in the warmer times in the salon it was a life saver. I personally found that I did get volume with it, however no visible length. As for the curl, my lashes are pretty curled anyway and I only tend to use lash curlers when wearing false lashes.

Now I did feature this mascara after I first opened it in my favourites, mostly for the long wear ability and smudge proof finish that it gives.
At the same time tho, that is also the reason that although I like this mascara, I don't love it.

I found that it made my lashes feel incredibly brittle when wearing it. Something I'm really not a fan off. I like my lashes to have volume and length but not feel almost hard as this left them feeling. I understand that this is most likely what makes it so long wearing, however for me its a bit of a deal breaker.

Now I know that it is incredibly controversial, but I really am on the fence with this mascara. I cant see me running out to buy it again in a hurry, that's not to say that I will never try it again.


What do you think of They're Real?
Are you a lover/hater/on the fence like me?


Let me know!!



Mwah

1 comment:

  1. This is one of our favorite mascaras but you are right it does leave your lashes a little brittle feeling. We always love trying our different mascaras though.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what you think too, Leave me a comment and be sure to check back, I always reply!!xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...