Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bourjois 1,2,3 Perfect.............

As those of you that have been reading my blog for a while will know, I have had varying luck with drug store foundations over the last year.
Bourjois are the makes of both my favourite ( Healthy Mix) and least favourite ( Healthy Mix Serum) drug store foundation discoveries of the year. So when I saw that Boots had an exclusive Bourjois hitting there shelves last month, I knew I had to give it a go.

This is 1,2,3 Perfect Foundation


If you are familiar with Bourjois foundations, one of the first things that you will notice is the upgrade to the packaging. Gone is the usual plastic bottle and in is the classy, expensive feeling. The plastic pump feels average, all in all tho, the packaging looks and feels great.

There are only five shades in the range, the darkest being my shade 56, Beige Rose.
The shades in these foundations come up a bit lighter, I would go so far as to say a couple of shades at least.  
I am not sure if this is because of the 3 colour correcting pigments in the foundation, but I do know that this is going to limit the appeal of the foundation, no matter how fabulous it may be. With even a hint of colour this is going to become far to light for me. I would say that if you are anything over a NW30 ish that you may struggle.
The Bourjois web site does say that there are 9 shades available, I'm guessing that these extra shades will be released shortly.

That being said, I have been using this foundation and enjoying it. It offers a lovely cover, I would say medium to full. It leaves a satin finish on the skin. What makes this foundation different from say Healthy Mix is the 3 colour correcting pigments that are in the formula, Yellow, Mauve and Green.

Yellow promises to conceal dark circles and give a rested look to the skin.
Mauve is to correct dullness and give a radiant appearance.
Green neutralises any redness in the skin and helps to even out the complexion.

Added to all this there is the promise of long wear (16hrs), SPF (10) and 24hr hydration.
Sounds good doesn't it?? 

It is!!

I'm pleased to say that I really do like this foundation, it leaves my skin feeling and looking fresh whilst offering me cover and help in those aggravating areas such as any blemishes that may of left those horrid red tell tale marks.
Even with the limited shade range, I think that this is definitely worth checking out if you are on the look out for a new drug store foundation. 

Bourjois, you have made me smile once again :))

1,2,3 Perfect is available from branches of Boots and on line. It normally costs £10.99 but at the moment has £4.00 off so is just £6.99.

I would love to hear what you think of this foundation.....




Mwah




2 comments:

  1. i'm using this at the minute & like it! Very different to their other foundations x

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what you think too, Leave me a comment and be sure to check back, I always reply!!xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...